10th Annual Southern Garden Festival
Please visit the Souther Garden Festival’s special web portal for a more vivid experience.
April 15-16, 2016
3502 E. Simcoe | Harold & Sarah Schoeffler Gardens (near Oakbourne Country Club)
Join us in the gardens for dinner & dancing on Friday night, followed by Saturday’s full slate of outdoor activities. See details below. All proceeds benefit the families served by Family Promise of Acadiana.
Friday, April 15, 6-8 p.m.
Dining & Dancing Under the Stars
$75 person or $100/couple, includes entry to Saturday activities. Click here for reservations or call 233-3447. In case of inclement weather, the reschedule dates for Southern Garden Festival are May 13-14, 2016.
- Menu: Jambalaya, Green Salad, Fried Catfish, Shrimp & Artichoke Soup, Bread Pudding and Fresh Fruit.
- Live music: Nouveau String Band
- Silent auction with great items up for bid. Cash, credit cards and debit cards accepted.
- Art demonstrations with Ann Sutton and Andrea Rubinstein (water colors) and Anita Hughes Pottery.
Saturday, April 16, 9 a.m – 5 p.m.
Southern Garden Festival
$10 at the garden gate.
Please check back regularly as we will be updating the event details as they become available.
Live music throughout the day
- 10:00 a.m. Philip Gould & Rio Luminoso
- 11:00 a.m. Tommy Michot & Friends
- 12:00 p.m. Becca Begnaud & Les Restants
- 1:00 p.m. Drew Landry
- 2:00 p.m. Esther Tyree
- 3:00 p.m. Gospel – Vergi Iglos
- 3:30 p.m. Fire Expression Dance, Directed by Leigha Porter
- 4:30 p.m. Gospel – Ecumenical Choir, Directed by Mathilda Martin
Master Gardener Sessions
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Ask a Master Gardener
- 10 a.m. Stacy Lee & Meadow Landry (on behalf of Lafayette Master Naturalists) – Butterflies & Pollinators
- 11 a.m. Theresa Guidry – Container Gardening
- 1 p.m. Maryann Armbruster – Medicinal Plants and their Use
- 2 p.m. Cindy Wiley – Nurturing Old Garden Roses (cuttings available)
Artists, Exhibitors & Activities
- D’s Image Photography by Denice Broussard – Photography
- Doll Fashions by Judy Dykes – Doll clothing, accessories
- Emma’s Closet by Joy Thibodeaux – Peasant dresses, bows, headbands, and more
- Healing Arts Collective by Becca Begnaud – CD about cajun healing tradition
- Imaginary Mosaics by Renee Foti – Mosaics made from vintage/antique china and glass
- Lyn Fontenot – Painting
- Madi Claire’s by Stephanie Gaspard – Jewelry, monogrammed items
- Mark Gustafason – Chainsaw artist
- Nannie Pearl by Julia Bowie – Jewelry, cupcakes
- Paparazzi Accessories by Marielle Brandon-Howard – Jewelry, accessories
- Rivero & Associates by Ashley Rivero – Hand-painted oysters, crosses on cypress, jewelry
- Stacy’s Handstamped Jewelry by Stacy Culotta – Handstamped jewelry
- Tissies Woodworking by Mary Dean – Wood working
- Joe Paris, storyteller
- Project Front Yard
- Scenic Lafayette’s Azalea Trail
- Bayou Vermilion Preservation Association exhibit
- Monarch Butterfly exhibit
- Garden Fairies
- Pigeon release by Lafayette Racing Pigeons, 12:00 p.m.
- Maypole dance
- Kids Scavenger Hunt
- Hat-weaving kids activity
Hub City Diner
Auto Rental Etc.
All Seasons Nursery
Business First Bank
Darnall, Sikes, Gardes & Frederick, CPAs
The Garden Center
Mello Joy Coffee
Thibodaux Hebert Deshotels LeBlanc, CPAs
Exhibitor applications: online registration form.
View our photo gallery for scenes from the garden during previous festivals.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the garden!