12th Annual Southern Garden Festival
April 20-21, 2018
3502 E. Simcoe | Harold & Sarah Schoeffler Gardens (near Oakbourne Country Club)
Join us in the gardens for dinner & dancing on Friday night, followed by Saturday’s full slate of outdoor activities. All proceeds benefit the local homeless families served by Family Promise of Acadiana.
Friday, April 20, 2018, 6–8 p.m., Dining & Dancing Under the Stars
$75/person, $100/couple, or $400 for table of 8; includes entry to Saturday activities. Reserve your seats now with our secure online ticket reservation system, or you may call 337-233-3447 for reservations and additional information.
- Featuring special guest Karen Olson, national founder of Family Promise.
Hear the story of how she created this national program to help homeless families.
- Enjoy a delicious buffet meal, featuring locally-sourced ingredients, served with wine and water.
- Live music from Sabra & the Get Rights.
- Artist demonstration.
- Silent auction with great items up for bid. Cash, credit cards and debit cards accepted.
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Southern Garden Festival
$10/person at the Garden Gate. Children under 12 free. Enjoy a variety of activities for all ages in these beautiful riverside gardens.
- Artists, garden tours, live music in the gazebo, bayou boat tours, Master Gardener presentations, educational exhibits, garden fairies, refreshments in the Garden Room, children’s scavenger hunt and more.
Master Gardener Presentations
• 10 a.m. – Linda Beyt – Butterflies, Plants and Butterfly Release
• 11 a.m. – Phyllis Grifford – Native Plants
• 1 p.m. – Juan Nieto – Roses
• 2 p.m. – Mary Ann Armbruster – Vegetable Gardening
• Visit the Master Gardener table anytime Saturday and “Ask a Master Gardener.” Bring your questions, bring your plants!
Music in the Gazebo
• 10 a.m. – Esther Tyree
• 11 a.m. – Mama Loves You
• Noon – Philip Gould & Rio Luminoso
• 1 p.m. – High Cotton
• 2 p.m. – Becca & Friends
Participating Artists & Exhibitors
• Lafayette Racing Pigeons
• “The Green Machine” live performance at 2 p.m., with dancers Amanda Stelly & Sabrina Benazzouz, choreographed by Kelsey Anderson, s.p.a.c.e. lafayette.
• East Bayou Studios, ceramics and repurposed art
Many thanks to our 2018 Sponsors!
All Seasons Nursery
Chip & Joanne Little
Scenes from the Garden
View our photo gallery for scenes from the garden during previous festivals. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the garden!
Please check back regularly for the latest details on Saturday’s schedule. Final schedule and participants subject to change.